Origin Reset is a program that you can use on your PC or Mac to download games, manage them, and play them from anywhere. It’s a tool for managing your macOS. If you use a Mac, the Origin reset tool for Mac shouldn’t be new to you, but if it is, this article will save your life by telling you everything you need to know about it.
This article will also help you if the Origin app on your Mac computer won’t open or shuts down quickly because of a problem.
Even though mac users often have this problem, it can be fixed no matter what.
What is Origin Reset Tool for Mac?
A proprietary computer tool, Origin allows users to create and manipulate scientific graphs and analyze data in real time. The OriginLab Corporation developed it, and it may be used with a PC running Windows. LabPlot and SciDAVis are only two of the many open-source, cross-platform clones and replacements that it has spawned.
Electronic Arts developed the Origin Trial Reset Tool. The primary program’s filename is origintrialresettool.exe. The 45.39 MB download setup package is relatively large (47,598,369 bytes).
In line with the distribution of its consumers, Windows 7 is the platform of choice (SP1).
If you’re using a Mac (OS X 10.10 or later), you may use it to open Origin files so that you can view the data within them and export it to other applications; this includes exporting high-resolution images of Origin’s publication-ready graphs and layout pages as PNG or PDF files.
If you set your Mac back to the way it was when it was first bought. All of your personal files and settings will be deleted from the hard drive.
Should I download Origin if I already have it?
Ivrognard says that in order to start, you’ll need Origin. It can be use for managing accounts. And establishing ownership.
You can play your games without an internet connection by selecting Offline from the Origin main menu. If connectivity is an issue, you should not have any problems.
My Mac won’t launch Origin; what gives?
The Origin app may not launch for a number of reasons. Some of the explanations are listed below.
The application cannot launch because of antivirus software.
If the Origin app isn’t being properly protected from viruses, you can fix this by adding it to the list of programs to be ignored by the antivirus program. After doing so, you should restart your device to see if the Origin app is now functional.
There was a problem with the cache files
If Origin becomes unresponsive or your Mac slows down due to an excessive number of cache files, you can manually delete them by following the instructions below.
- The Finder.
- To access the computer, select Go > Computer from the top menu.
- Select Library > Application Support from the Macintosh HD menu.
- The folder named “Origin”
- Throw away the Download Cache folder.
The garbage can is full of old graphics drivers
The Mac’s graphics drivers might not be up to date. You should update them for the best performance.
How to reset Mac Origin?
You can use the Origin Reset Tool to reset the origin. You can use the Origin Reset Tool if none of the other solutions worked or didn’t seem to work, especially if the problem isn’t with your antivirus or cache. Here are the steps you need to take to use the tool:
- You can use the browser on your Mac to get the “Origin Reset” tool.
- Find the place where the file was downloaded and open the “ResetOrigin.zip” file.
- Open the file and choose “Reset Origin” from the list of options.
- Enter your user ID and password, and then click OK.
- Install the app once more.
Use the first-aid kit
If none of these fixes work, you can use the First Aid tool. Follow these steps to get the First Aid tool to work:
- On the desktop, click the Search button.
- Type “disc utility” as the word you want to find.
- Find the tab called “Internal,” and then click on “Mac SSD.”
- Choose the “First Aid” tool from the list that you can see.
- Then, use “First Aid” to fix the error “Origin won’t open.”
- When it’s done, click “Done.”
- This is the Mac tool for resetting the origin.
How to get rid of Origin on a Mac?
To get rid of Origin for Mac, do the following:
Go to Finder, click on Go in the menu bar, and keep the Alt (Option) key pressed down.
The drop-down menu should now show your Library folder.
Click on the Library folder to open it, then go to the following files and folders and move any files in them to the trash:
- Application Support > Origin
- Caches > Origin
- Caches > com. ea.Origin
- Cookies > com. ea.Origin. binary cookies
- LaunchAgents > com.ea.origin.WebHelper.list
- Preferences > com. ea.Origin. list
- Saved Application State > com. ea.ActivationUI.savedState
- Saved Application State > com. ea.Origin. saved state
- Saved Application State > com. ea.OriginER.savedState
Also, open a Finder window and then click on Macintosh HD in that window. If Macintosh HD is not there, tap Finder in the menu bar and then Preferences.
Select the Sidebar tab. And make sure the box next to the Devices is checked for hard discs.
Go to the following red files and throw them away:
- Library > The Start
- Library > Help for Applications > Origin
- Libraries > LaunchDaemons > com.ea.origin.ESHelper.list
- Library > PrivilegeHelperTools > com.ea.origin.ESHelper
Last, empty your trash and turn on your Mac again. Your Mac should no longer have any traces of Origin on it.
We hope that this article helped you and that you were able to fix the problems with your device. If you have any other problems with your device, what are they? Tell us what you think and what you want to know in the section below. Mac origin reset tool has been made here.